View ArcGIS Service directory: suddenly login required

Jump to solution
06-11-2013 07:05 AM
SimonLeo
New Contributor III
Hi,

here is something weird. since early this week, without a valid login I can't view the service directory or any specific services that are hosted on my local ArcGIS Server. I didn't change anything in server management, that I can recall.

I have a bookmark to one service, currently it shows 'Error: Code: 500';
if I click Home, then will see a login form titled 'ArcGIS Server REST API Login';

is there a way to change it back to the anonymous_view_mode? for now, I have to use my admin login in order to see the details of a specific service.

thanks!
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Town_ofSnowflake
Occasional Contributor
Restarting the server machine fixed the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
GISDev1
Occasional Contributor III
1. Are you running ArcGIS Server 10.1 SP1?
2. What credential storage method are you using? Active Directory or Esri's or mixed?
3. Have you tried in another browser? Tried clearing your cache, etc.
4. Have you check your ArcGIS Server logs?
0 Kudos
SimonLeo
New Contributor III
thanks for your reply!

Yes
2. What credential storage method are you using? Active Directory or Esri's or mixed?  
Where to check this? I didn't change anything related to ArcGIS Server, so I assume it is in default configuration?
Yes
I just checked, didn't find anything related.
0 Kudos
Town_ofSnowflake
Occasional Contributor
I've gotten the same request for login in the past 24 hours.  No changes to my knowledge were made to security settings.  I've also answered your questions GISDev01:

Yes - on Amazon EC2

All authentication is done through the ArcGIS Server. 

Yes

Yes - These two logs are repeated a couple times with connection attempts: WARNING: Invalid primary site administrator credentials or PSA locked out from Admin Source, and SEVERE: Failed to login, invalid username or password.
0 Kudos
Town_ofSnowflake
Occasional Contributor
Restarting the server machine fixed the problem.
0 Kudos
AnjithaSenarath
New Contributor II

Thank you. But this is not a solution. This issue is constantly occurring in our server cluster where our GIS administrator has to restart ArcGIS server services 3-4 time a week.

ESRI need to work on this issue and address immediately. (Else they cant say ArcGIS 10.1 server is stable server at all) Hope you also would like to see a proper answer from ESRI. (I will update this forum if they contact me in other source)

0 Kudos