Utility and Telecom patches for 10.2.1 server: are they included in the 10.3.1 version?

Jump to solution
04-13-2016 07:03 AM
RickThiel
Occasional Contributor

At my company we have a mix of 10.2.1 servers and 10.3.1 servers.  Recently I went through patched all of our old servers with the Utilities and Telecom Update 5 Patch . The date on the patch is FEB-2016.

My question is this... for my newer servers at 10.3.1, I assume that the fixes that are included in the update 5 patch are already included in the 10.3.1 software.  Is that a correct assumption? I got worried because I installed 10.3.1 back in 2015, before the #5 utility and telecom patch was available.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Rick,

Yeah, that patch will not work for any other version on ArcGIS products for 10.2.1. It is designed specifically for the 10.2.1 release.

My guess is that those fixes will not be ported back to the 10.3.1 release (as a whole). The only way to get all those improvements is to upgrade to 10.4 or 10.4.1.

You also may want to review this PDF article for more information on the 10.2.1 release for Utilities/Telecom: http://www.esri.com/library/whitepapers/pdfs/esri-road-map-for-utilities-and-telecom.pdf 

--- George T.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
George_Thompson

Hi Rick,

I would say no to having all the fixes from UTUP5 included in 10.3.1. There may be some of them, but not all. I would say that all the fixes are included in the 10.4 and upcoming 10.4.1 release.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Utilities and CommunicationsEnterprise GIS

--- George T.
0 Kudos
RickThiel
Occasional Contributor

Thanks George.  That is what I was kind of thinking.  So I went ahead and tried to apply the patch to one of my ArcGIS Server 10.3.1 machines.  And it gives me an error:

10.2.1PatchOn10.3.1Server.PNG

"The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program.  Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch."

I checked the ArcGIS Server Patches and Updates page and a similar utility& telecom patch does not seem to be available for the 10.3.1 version. http://support.esri.com/EN/downloads/patches-servicepacks/list/productid/66  

So can I assume that it is not needed?

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

Hi Rick,

Yeah, that patch will not work for any other version on ArcGIS products for 10.2.1. It is designed specifically for the 10.2.1 release.

My guess is that those fixes will not be ported back to the 10.3.1 release (as a whole). The only way to get all those improvements is to upgrade to 10.4 or 10.4.1.

You also may want to review this PDF article for more information on the 10.2.1 release for Utilities/Telecom: http://www.esri.com/library/whitepapers/pdfs/esri-road-map-for-utilities-and-telecom.pdf 

--- George T.
araibiaabdelwaheb
New Contributor

merci george de votre aide

araibiastat@yahoo.fr   +213 661 219 758

0 Kudos