user logged in of the ArcGIS server can open the attribute table/ export data for the feature services and also visually distinguish between the feature enabled and non-feature enabled services But the Admin logged in cannot

10-12-2015 11:41 PM
AhmadSALEH1
Occasional Contributor III

Hello All,

This is really confusing behavior and I don’t know what is the purpose of it, when I am connected to a published maps using the ArcGIS server as a USER I was surprised that after dragging a feature service to the TOC I can open its attribute table and export its data to my machine, connecting again but this time with Administrators credentials I was surprise d that the administrator cannot open the attribute table nor exporting the data!!!

Clip_430.jpg

Clip_431.jpg

Clip_433.jpg

Also why the both the administrator and the user cannot open the attribute table for a non-feature enabled maps !!

Clip_432.jpg

Another question why does the any user who has accessed to the ArcGIS server maps with user privileges can visually distinguish between the services with “feature access” enabled\ “non-feature access” form there icon but the admin cannot!! Because all icons for the published maps looks the same for all maps if you have accessed with Admin privileges!

Clip_434.jpg

Clip_435.jpg

Best regards,

Ahmad Saleh

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RichardsonAluvilayil2
New Contributor III

Hi Ahmad,

I believe this is by design in ArcGIS Desktop. In order to consume your Feature service, you will have to connect to your ArcGIS Server in ArcGIS Desktop using "Anonymous User" or if the Feature access services is secured, connect to ArcGIS Server using "User account instead of Publisher or Administrator". If you connect to ArcGIS Server using Administrator or Publisher, you only can see Map services.

Please refer to these links and posts for more details:

ArcGIS Help 10.1

Re: Editing feature service in ArcMap

Load feature services in ArcMap

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Richardson

0 Kudos
AhmadSALEH1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Richardson,

but isn't this behavior looks like that the user has more privileges than the  administrator!!! this should be included in the design of the software. what do you think

Regards,

Ahmad  

0 Kudos
RichardsonAluvilayil2
New Contributor III

Hello Ahmad,

Yes, even Administrators and Publishers should be able to perform these operations. I think many ArcGIS users have already asked for Enhancements to include these functionality. Maybe we might get it in the future releases. Hope for the best.

Regards,

Richardson