Select to view content in your preferred language

Upgrading to ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7 and Portal installation has no progress

Jump to solution
03-28-2019 12:37 PM
EricHeinrichs
Regular Contributor

I am trying to upgrade our Enterprise to 10.7, and the it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I have stopped and restarted it, and it always seems to be stuck here, with no progress being shown.

The Task Manager seems to show that it's doing something, but other than that, I've got no feedback whether the installation is working or not.

23 Replies
MLGIS_Admin
Emerging Contributor

I would not have made it through with out your progress report! Thank you! I'm at 3.5 hours now and at the "updating component registration" step.

0 Kudos
RobinPREST
Emerging Contributor

Upgrade from 10.6 to 10.7.1 took less then an hour in our quite simple config. But it's good to know one has to wait for this non-moving progress bar ! Thanks for the questions and for the answers that makes you understand nothing is wrong.

0 Kudos
QaisarNadeem1
Occasional Contributor

I have a brand new installation of Portal for ArcGIS 10.7.1. it took more than 3 hours.. progress bar didnt move for long time interval. I thought i may have done some thing wrong during the installation.

But the good thing was....................................it installed

0 Kudos
PLadd
by
Frequent Contributor

I landed on this page because the green bar stopped moving after "a long time."  I was ready to kill the process and reboot the service after about 1 hour but as I read these comments, I decided to be patient.  I was looking at the Windows installer in Task Manager and CPU was 0% and Memory was stuck at 23.7 MB - but I continued to wait and read all of the comments.  Finally after about 20 more minutes, CPU consumption grew, the green bar started moving again and "Status:" started changing.

So glad I was patient and waited.  Thanks to those of you who said you waited 6, 12, or more hours.  You probably helped me mitigate what could have been a horrible disaster if I had killed the process mid-stream.

0 Kudos