Upgrade ArcGIS server from 10.0 to 10.4.1

Jump to solution
08-17-2016 02:50 AM
AliBarakat
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

is it possible to directly move from arcgis server 10.0 to 10.4.1?

should i just intall the 10.4.1 and it will move everything?

thank you for your help

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
8 Replies
FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor
AliBarakat

So what i need to do is upgrade to 10.1 first then to 10.4.1?

0 Kudos
FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor

You'll have to uninstall 10.0 first, so then you might as well go straight to 10.4.1

0 Kudos
AliBarakat

will I loose my services this way?

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

yes, you will have to recreated your services.  If you were already on 10.1 or above you could upgrade them....but see the other links re: migration from 10.0.  Just start with 10.4.1 as a new install and created them....don't bother with the others at this point.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

ArcGIS for Server is a 64-bit application and requires a 64-bit operating system. If you are currently using a 32-bit operating system, you'll need to upgrade to a 64-bit operating system before you can install ArcGIS for Server.

If you are unsure whether or not your operating system is supported with ArcGIS for Server, see the system requirements.

Migrating ArcGIS Server 10.0 to later versions—Documentation | ArcGIS for Server 

ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

hello

You should have a directory with all the mxd's used for publishing but if not you should go to C:\arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput  and get all the MXD's. For example C:\arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput\SERVICE1.MapServer\extracted\v101\service1.mxd

Put them in some temporary directory and republish them after a clean install.

If you change any parameters (for example number of instances) you will have to remember it.

You can get the model/python scripts in the same way for GpServices (even they usually a little different then original).

Image services you just have to check where the original image/mosaic is and republish.

A little work but not too much.

Have fun

Mody