Select to view content in your preferred language

Updates and Edits to data on SDE failing

12-11-2023 03:29 AM
KSmyth4
New Contributor II

Hi folks,

I am in the process of editing and appending data within one of our SDEs but it now keeps failing and wondering if anyone has come across this error before? We have a number of SDEs and the rest of them are working in allowing us to update and create new feature classes but one SDE appears to have got broken along the way. There is little information on the errors and I have checked the properties on SQL but nothing appears to be any different from the working SDEs

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

What are the errors being received?

What is the RDBMS version / Enterprise Geodatabase version?

How are you appending this data: GP tool, Python, etc.?

I think that we will need a few more details to help with this.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
KSmyth4
New Contributor II

Hi @George_Thompson 

Thanks for getting back to me, for info on the questions above:

• For making edits/trying to move points etc, it simply says Move Failed or no error messages come up but it will not save any change made, it reverts the changes back to as is straight away. For the Append it brings up error message that the schema does not match but they are the exact same and even completing feature class to feature class fails

KSmyth4_0-1702305624413.png

• Enterprise Version is 10.9.1
  • I am using a GP Tool in ArcPro

Thanks

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

What is the data source that you are updating from?

I wonder is the Input has some weird schema attribute in it.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

@KSmyth4 

000466: <value> does not match the schema of target <value>.—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Description

If Schema Type is set to Input schema must match target schema, schemas of input feature classes must match the schema of the target feature class.

Solution

Ensure that the input feature classes or tables have the same attribute schema as the target feature class. If the schemas are not the same, you can set the Schema Type parameter to Use the Field Map to reconcile schema differences, so only those fields and their values in the input that match fields in the target dataset are used. See the Append tool documentation for more information.

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov
0 Kudos
KSmyth4
New Contributor II

Hi @George_Thompson and @MarceloMarques 

I will certainly look more into the Append process but the editing tools and other geoprocessing tools are still not working, is there a potential that a connection can be lost to a SDE? We have several other SDEs and they are working okay at the moment, nothing has been changed to the settings of the SDE in SQL and it seems that the data can not be changed or edited to existing feature classes?

Thanks

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

That sounds like there is something with that specific user permissions on that Enterprise Geodatabase (EGDB) or there is another issue within the EGDB.

It may be best to work with technical support on this.

--- George T.