Unregistering replica from Geodata Service REST API

Jump to solution
03-10-2021 11:34 AM
David_RonaldSuárez_Urresti
New Contributor III

I am trying to unregister replicas from geodata service but always I get the message:

{
 "error": {
  "code": 400,
  "message": "Unable to complete operation.",
  "details": [

]
 }
}

I am connecting ArcGIS Server as admin. In ArcGIS Server log, there is no much help from messages.

How can I use geodata service to unregister replica?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

After some research, I found out that this is a known issue BUG-000125384 in a federated ArcGIS Server. This defect was logged for 10.7.1, but it also affects federated ArcGIS Servers in the following versions: 10.7, 10.7.1, and 10.6.1. 

The only known workaround for this is to go to ArcMap and use the Distributed Geodatabase tools to unregister the replicas. That or use another unfederated ArcGIS Server which will not have this issue.

Please log a case with Esri Support services requesting that your account be added to this defect.

Keep on keeping on!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey there David,

Could you share what version of ArcGIS Server you are using? Is the ArcGIS Server Federated?

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Hello JonEmch, we have ArcGIS Server 10.6.1 and it is federated.

0 Kudos
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

After some research, I found out that this is a known issue BUG-000125384 in a federated ArcGIS Server. This defect was logged for 10.7.1, but it also affects federated ArcGIS Servers in the following versions: 10.7, 10.7.1, and 10.6.1. 

The only known workaround for this is to go to ArcMap and use the Distributed Geodatabase tools to unregister the replicas. That or use another unfederated ArcGIS Server which will not have this issue.

Please log a case with Esri Support services requesting that your account be added to this defect.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Thanhs for the answer. Do you have the url for BUG-000125384?

JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

I don't believe it is public yet, you will have to log a case to see it. Here is the full title: Inability to unregister a replica from the ArcGIS Server 10.7.1 REST endpoint when the server is federated.

To be clear: Do not unfederate your current deployment. This will have long term repercussions that will damage your current deployment.

Hope that helps!

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Thanks JonEmch, I will open a case with ESRI support.