Unable to open the ArcGIS Sever Manager ???http://localhost:6080/arcgis/manager???

10-12-2013 12:33 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
Unable to open the ArcGIS Sever Manager �??http://localhost:6080/arcgis/manager�?�

The url http://localhost:6080/arcgis/manager fails.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28288[/ATTACH]

What might be the issue here?

I replaced the �??localhost�?� with the name of the machine but didn�??t work neither.

Thank you

Best

Jamal
----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
LeoDonahue
Occasional Contributor III
I have the same problems depending on which browser I'm using.  For IE, you can disable script debugging in the Advanced settings and see if that fixes the problem.
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
I have the same problems depending on which browser I'm using.  For IE, you can disable script debugging in the Advanced settings and see if that fixes the problem.

Many thanks Leo,
It is not working anyway with any browser with any settings

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28298[/ATTACH]

What other things should I check?
Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
LeoDonahue
recheck "other", uncheck disable script degubbing for Internet Explorer.  the option right above the one you highlighted.
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
recheck "other", uncheck disable script degubbing for Internet Explorer.  the option right above the one you highlighted.

Thank you Leo for the prompt answer.

Sounds that my ArcGIS server is not running and I�??m unable to run it! I got the message below

What might be the issue here?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28299[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]28300[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]28301[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]28302[/ATTACH]
Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
If the ArcGIS Server service won't start then that is the problem.  Services can depend on other services and the message you got seems to me to indicate that one of the dependencies failed.  That said, I looked and my ArcGIS Server service has no dependencies (see screen shot).  Does yours look the same?

At this point I can only speculate at some things that might help figure this out:

• Reboot the machine

• See if some other application is using a port needed by ArcGIS Server (did you install anything recently and if so what)

• Run the SysInternals Process Monitor tool and see if you can find an error related to this (lots of digging here)

• There is a command line associated with the service.  Maybe you could try to run it from a DOS Window and see if there is any additional information.  ArcGIS Server is pure Java so if have Java debugging tools then that might help.

• If you WinDbg loaded then you can configure the system so that a process launches in the debugger.  Try it and see if there are any clues.

• Any clues in the NT event log?

0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
If the ArcGIS Server service won't start then that is the problem.  Services can depend on other services and the message you got seems to me to indicate that one of the dependencies failed.  That said, I looked and my ArcGIS Server service has no dependencies (see screen shot).  Does yours look the same?

At this point I can only speculate at some things that might help figure this out:

• Reboot the machine

• See if some other application is using a port needed by ArcGIS Server (did you install anything recently and if so what)

• Run the SysInternals Process Monitor tool and see if you can find an error related to this (lots of digging here)

• There is a command line associated with the service.  Maybe you could try to run it from a DOS Window and see if there is any additional information.  ArcGIS Server is pure Java so if have Java debugging tools then that might help.

• If you WinDbg loaded then you can configure the system so that a process launches in the debugger.  Try it and see if there are any clues.

• Any clues in the NT event log?

Thank you very much Richard for the help,

The issue here that the ArcGIS Server is not taking any PID and thus I couldn�??t know which port it uses (below).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28305[/ATTACH]

Got complicated

couldn't find your screenshots.
Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
LeoDonahue
Jamal,

When you issue the following command from a command prompt:  netstat -an

You are looking to see if there is something already binding to port 6080 on your server.  If nothing is using port 6080, then you can check off one of Richard's suggestions.

I know nothing about Windows 8.  I do know that in Windows Server 2008 R2 I had to allow the port 6080 in the firewall, if you have the Windows firewall turned on.

Was your ArcGIS Server 10.2 started before?  In other words, it "was" running before this post, right?
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
Jamal,

When you issue the following command from a command prompt:  netstat -an

You are looking to see if there is something already binding to port 6080 on your server.  If nothing is using port 6080, then you can check off one of Richard's suggestions.

I know nothing about Windows 8.  I do know that in Windows Server 2008 R2 I had to allow the port 6080 in the firewall, if you have the Windows firewall turned on.

Was your ArcGIS Server 10.2 started before?  In other words, it "was" running before this post, right?

Many thanks Leo for the help,

Actually, the problem in this thread is related to the one posted in the link below. By now, both are solved.

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/94639-Unable-to-start-the-%E2%80%9CArcGIS-server%E2%80%9D-%28error-...

best

Jamal
Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
TimSexton1
Occasional Contributor
In my case, I was getting "Application Not Found" when attempting to launch the ArcGIS Server Manager from the program shortcut.  My problem was I had Google Chrome set as my default browser but under Windows 7 in the "Default Programs, Set your default programs, Google Chrome, Choose defaults for this program" the file extension of .url was not selected.  That is why Chrome could not directly be opened by clicking on the shortcut to "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\Support\Manager.url".  If I pasted the link directly in the address bar of Chrome it worked.  My fix was to make sure the .url extension was added to the Chrome program associations.