Unable to instantiate class for xml schema type: ArrayOfCIMMapScale

08-08-2019 02:43 PM
ClintonBallandis1
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I'm getting the following Severe Error in my ArcGIS server (10.6.1) logs. 

Unable to instantiate class for xml schema type: ArrayOfCIMMapScale

Any ideas of what the Unable to instantiate class for xml schema type: Error is and how to resolve it ? The error code is 50000 I can't seem to find this in the Server Error Codes? 

Thanks,

Clinton

7 Replies
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Clinton Ballandis‌ we need to take a look at what is going on. could you pls go thru support and submit a bug with reproducible steps?

0 Kudos
JulieK
by
Occasional Contributor

Did this issue get resolved? I get the same error in the log

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also receiving this error message in the log of ArcGIS Server as a severe error although there is not any problem in publishing the services. I published hosted feature services by getWebLayerSharingDraft and CreateWebLayerSDDraft and compared these two functions. I know that getWebLayerSharingDraft is the newest version and has more capabilities, but it looks like that this function causes severe error in ArcGIS Server not the other one. I just want to be sure that this does not make any issue in future. 

Thank you

Kimia

0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kimia,

Could you pls reach out to Esri support and give us exact repro steps, data? We will take a look at this.

Thanks.

Tanu

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Tanu. I reached out Esri technical support team and they helped me to figure out the issue. I want to share the results with the community. After testing and reviewing the publishing process, we found out that defining "staging_version" for hosted feature services in arcpy.StageService_server() causes this error message. Based on stage service document, "staging_version" is optional in this function and its default for feature services is 5. Therefore, there is not any need to define it in the function again. I removed it from my Python script and did not receive any error message in ArcGIS Server log. 

I would like to thank Esri technical support team for their great help. 

Thank you

Kimia

JoeBryant1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Kimia,

Thanks for sharing this with the community. Did you have to republish the service, or could you update the existing service definition to stop this error?

0 Kudos
Martin1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the solution. I had the same error, but with your workaround it is all good now.

0 Kudos