Unable to create ArcGIS Enterprise Sites due to "Set Extent" error message.

Jump to solution
12-03-2018 06:39 PM
AndrewFry
New Contributor II

Hello, I am trying to get my organization set up with ArcGIS Enterprise Sites. When I try to get started creating a new Site, I cannot get past this error. I have duplicated this issue in multiple browsers and am unsure how to proceed so I can starting developing Sites. Any suggestions on how to get the map to populate so I can set the extent?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RyanUthoff
Occasional Contributor III

I found a solution to this. I discovered that only Portal administrator accounts were able to create sites, even if non-administrators were in the sites administrators group.

It turns out that the geometry service item in Portal was not shared with the organization. Once I shared it, it resolved the error message posted above.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
SDarapaneni
New Contributor

It seems to be you taken incorrect URL to add data that means url service level or layer lever of REST end point are not consistance, Could you please check service/layer url end point.

0 Kudos
AndrewFry
New Contributor II

Thank you for your response. I was under the impression that the "Site URL" input was just for the user creating the site to define the end of the URL that would be used to distribute the ESRI Site after it was created. Am I supposed to link to a specific layer or map in that box instead?

0 Kudos
AngusHooper1

The geometry service from your federated server contains an invalid character which is being blocked by IIS. In a QA environment, try adding the invalidcharacter tag in the web.config and remove the reference to &amp.

<httpRuntime requestPathInvalidCharacters="<list of default characters>"/>

Removing &amp resolved this issue in my environment, I will likely raise this with Esri as a bug because it seems that the token is being passed through in the URL and it is not handled correctly. Characters, such as &, in the token were causing the geometry service to fail.

AndrewFry
New Contributor II

Thank you for your response! I am optimistic this will do the trick. Could you provide some guidance on how I can access/edit the web.config file?

0 Kudos
RyanUthoff

This appears to be limited to a specific user. Other accounts within the same Portal are able to access and create sites, just not this particular user. The user is a publisher and has been added to the sites administration group.

0 Kudos
RyanUthoff

I found a solution to this. I discovered that only Portal administrator accounts were able to create sites, even if non-administrators were in the sites administrators group.

It turns out that the geometry service item in Portal was not shared with the organization. Once I shared it, it resolved the error message posted above.

DrewDowling

I'm having the same problem but don't know how to fix it. I tried to create a SITE using an account in the Administrators group but get the same error as you got. I have a geometry service added to the Portal using the Portal Utility Services tab in Organization settings. This service is unsecured. I don't see any way of sharing it. 

Here is the debug trace from the browser

DEBUG: ------------------------------- vendor-d0f2739fd531e8b547bea7d6cbc78829.js:2751:141
DEBUG: Ember : 2.18.2
DEBUG: Ember Data : 2.18.2
DEBUG: jQuery : 3.3.1
DEBUG: ------------------------------- vendor-d0f2739fd531e8b547bea7d6cbc78829.js:2751:141
DEBUG: For more advanced debugging, install the Ember Inspector from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ember-inspector/
DEBUG: Portal: Setting root url to /portalwebadapter/apps/sites/admin/
DEBUG: added gatedLocales ar, he
DEBUG: torii adapter.checkCookie:: Cookie session has not expired yet
DEBUG: torii adapter.fetch:: Rehydrating session
DEBUG: torii adapter.open:: Creating an AuthMgr
DEBUG: torii adapter._createAuthManager:: Creating AuthMgr
DEBUG: torii adapter.open:: Recieved portal and user information
DEBUG: torii adapter.open:: Fetching user groups
DEBUG: User has been automatically logged in...
DEBUG: Portal Env: Loading svg files from ./
DEBUG: AuthenticatedRoute:checkAccess: for route sites
DEBUG: Error in response: Invalid Token
DEBUG: Asset Base: https://server/portalwebadapter/apps/sites/admin/assets

0 Kudos