Unable to connect to ArcGIS Server in Catalog

09-06-2017 08:08 AM
MeganJohnson
New Contributor III

Unable to make a connection to ArcGIS Server in ArcCatalog. Received the following error message:

"We were unable to connect to: https://_____.____.com:6443/arcgis. Error: Slow down request rate. (status code 503)."

0 Kudos
16 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

If you are using :6443, use the <machine name> not the .com.

if using the .com, make sure you specify the web adaptor, which might not be the default "arcgis" if you set it up with a custom web adaptor (we usually change it, especially if creating multiple).

if you have the administering via the web adaptor turned off, which is recommended, you also will not be able to administer (and I think manage) thru the .com\webadaptor.

(Sorry, our network is down, so using my iPad To reply.)

CarlosColón-Maldonado
Occasional Contributor III

It is possible to reach out to AGS servers via its web adaptor for administrative purposes. Depended upon how it's configured (or not), it is also possible to use the DNS alias with the port to connect to a server.

0 Kudos
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

The last time I saw something similar, ArcGIS Server was deployed on an NFS volume on a Linux box. Can you provide any details as to your implementation, specifically where your config-store is located? Like is it on a NAS/SAN device or similar?

0 Kudos
RamlaShihab1
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have encounter the same thing ,in my case the machine is joined to the domain but it is not able to retirve any service in the domain directory. whenver you create the site the site will be deleted automaticlly . This is releated to the VM , and user permission. Hope this is helpfull

thanks 

Ramla

0 Kudos
CarlosColón-Maldonado
Occasional Contributor III

Consider omitting the port number on your address. ArcGIS Web Adaptor is normally used so you wouldn't have to, specifically for domain-wide accessible web servers that require secured connections.

0 Kudos
StudentFernie
New Contributor II

Hi,

did you ever get this resolved? having the same issue

0 Kudos
MahmoudHegazy
New Contributor III

i have the same error and while i am  trying to enter the join an exits website the arcgis show me this message "java.lang.NullPointerException"

0 Kudos