Unable to authorize already existing ArcGIS 10.6.1 file using authorization code.

Jump to solution
05-29-2021 02:46 AM
carltonfernandes
New Contributor

Hello,

I am using a 1 year Advanced student Arc GIS 10.6.1 software. Unfortunately my PC had some issue and the Arc GIS file is no longer accessible. I tried installing it again on the same PC & after I put the authorization code it shows an error which states " authorization denied because request would have succeeded max copies for the following authorization number...".

Request people to kindly help me out with this issue. Any help would be most appreciated.

NOTE: The error message is attached as *.jpg file.

Regards,

Carlton Fernandes.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes. Esri Technical Support should get the issue addressed.

They will reset the license keycodes. Let me not confuse you with any more pointer(s).

Think Location

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In case you have a Concurrent Use license keycode (EFLxxxxxxxxx), you will need to contact Esri Technical Support to reset your license keycode(s) before authorizing it again.

Just curious, what was the issue that occurred with your PC? Was your PC formatted?

Think Location
0 Kudos
carltonfernandes
New Contributor

I have an advanced single use license.Can it still be sorted by getting in touch with the technical team? 

There was a HD issue & I had specifically requested the engineer to avoid touching the other HD as it had some important softwares.He infact formatted the wrong HD & also removed the faulty HD.Now I’m left with a big problem getting the software installed.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes. Esri Technical Support should get the issue addressed.

They will reset the license keycodes. Let me not confuse you with any more pointer(s).

Think Location
carltonfernandes
New Contributor

Thank you Jayanta.

0 Kudos