Sync service occasionally fails with error ORA-01012: not logged on

06-02-2015 10:01 AM
TobiasFimpel1
Occasional Contributor III

I'm occasionally seeing the ArcGIS Collector error "An error occured while synchronizing edits." with these messages showing up in the ArcGIS Server logs:

The StandaloneTable:'tablename here' in Map:'Layers' is invalid. The base table definition string "tableowner.tablename" is invalid. Underlying DBMS error [ORA-01012: not logged on Process ID: 26520

Session ID: 912 Serial number: 22779 ] [SDE.DEFAULT].

System/SyncTools.GPServer

Has anyone successfully tweaked oracle database, sync or feature service parameters successfully to avoid these errors?

Tags (2)
4 Replies
MukeshA
New Contributor II

Hi Tobias,

Even I used to get this same error in Sync service, after investigating I came across the open transactions in Oracle & hence Oracle was not  accepting connections which threw error ORA:01012.

Restarting the service worked. Created a python script which will restart the service after specified time.

I hope this is just a workaround.

Thanks,

TobiasFimpel1

Thanks Mukesh. That's good to know there is a workaround that so far has worked for you.

I now tweaked my service parameters and haven't seen the error since - if the error doesn't show up anymore for a while I'll post more details - I don't have a solid test methodology quite yet.

0 Kudos
TobiasFimpel1

Hi Mukesh,

my tweaking of the service parameters isn't doing the trick. I was hoping that lowering the SyncTools recycle time to 1hr would have the equivalent effect as re-starting it every hour... but it doesn't 

So if I understand correctly you have the oracle trigger to remove open transactions, and you also have the python script to re-start the sync service periodically (frequency set to oracle max. allowed idle time?).

Just restarting the sync service seems to always resolve the issue for me, but honestly I don't quite understand how/when the problem comes about. Are you able to share your python script or help me understand what causes this issue?

Thank you,

Tobias

0 Kudos
MukeshA
New Contributor II

Hi Tobias,
I am not able to understand the exact issue on this. But using the script works out for me. For the script you can try resources.arcgis.com.

I will post back if I get some more information on this.

Thanks,

Mukesh.

0 Kudos