SQL Server Permission granted - No access to database SDE

02-27-2013 01:34 PM
MikeBly
Occasional Contributor
Hi Folks,

I have recently added a new user to our SQL based SDE environment. The user is set up as all others have been through SQL management studio with same access and permission settings.

However on the user machine I cannot access the database through ArcCatalog when trying to set up a new database connection. I should not have to do this in the first place as the users are set with OSA for access to the data. Users are linked to certain roles, and the role has been granted privilege to the database.

Data in the mxd is set to pull from a certain version of the SDE, however of course when I open their project all the data sources are broken and non repairable with no access to the database from that machine?

Any thoughts as to why this would be occurring?

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
2 Replies
StephanieSnider
Occasional Contributor III
I would make sure that the user's computer has the SQL Server native client software installed.
0 Kudos
RichardDaniels
Occasional Contributor III
You want Microsoft SQL Native Client 2008 R2, version 10.5x or greater. If you have an older client installed you may be able to connect to SQL 2008 but not 2008 R2. There is a version that works included on the ArcGIS DVD in the support folder.
0 Kudos