SpatioTemporal Datastore for GeoEvent and GeoAnalytics

05-28-2018 10:17 PM
rbae
by
New Contributor III

I have a hosting server set up with a 3-node SpatioTemporal Datastore that is used by a federated GeoEvent server. If I add a federated GeoAnalytics server, will it use the same 3-node SpatioTemporal datastore?  If yes, will there be sufficient resources for both?

Or do I add additional Datastore servers to create another 3-node SpatioTemporal Datastore?  

I don't see a way to configure specific datastore servers for use with GeoEvent vs GeoAnalytics.

Thank you for your help.

-Ryan

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SarahAmbrose
Esri Contributor

Hi Ryan Bae‌,

Yes - the GeoEvent Server and GeoAnalytics Server will always use the same spatitoemporal data store set up with your hosting server. As for sufficient resources, that will depend on a few different things:

- the amount of RAM/space on your spatiotemporal data store machines

- the amount of data stored in your spatiotemporal data store

- the amount of data you are ingesting through GeoEvent

- the size the analysis results you are writing (and how often). This is related to the amount of data stored. 

So if you do find that you are running out of resources, you will need to install ArcGIS Data Store on additional machines, and configure it with the same server (hosting) that your spatiotemporal data store is already configured with. So for example, if you installed and configured two more spatiotemporal machines, you would now have a spatiotemporal data store with (3+2) = 5 nodes.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions,

Sarah

Product Engineer, GeoAnalytics

rbae
by
New Contributor III

Sarah,

Thank you for the clarification!

-Ryan

0 Kudos