some features not displaying when sharing as web layer from ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
03-12-2024 01:19 PM
CameronLacelle
Occasional Contributor

I've been testing an application our team has been developing in Experience Builder. In this application we have various layers from parcels to building footprints to road sections. To test without needing to migrate all our source data to Enterprise, I've just been sharing as web layers to our Portal from Pro. When I get the layers ready and go to share them, the display looks fine in Pro. However as soon as I open the layer in MapViewer in Enterprise, for our road sections, half the road sections do not display and are just gone. Can't select, query, or search for any of the features that decided not to display. As if they've just been completely removed from the feature.

Is there some sort of issue when I am sharing? Our parcels all seem to export properly. This is extremely frustrating. Not sure if anyone else has run into this but I need to find a solution so half my city's roads don't disappear in Portal. Some sort of limit on the number of line features that can exist in a hosted feature layer or map image layer? See images below of what is seen in Pro vs MapViewer.

CameronLacelle_0-1710274733427.png

CameronLacelle_1-1710274747752.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CameronLacelle
Occasional Contributor

My team and I have determined it's a combination of an issue with the web browser cache and sharing hosted feature layers from SQL layers. When we cleared the cache of the Google Chrome browser and exported the SQL layer as a shapefile or file geodatabase feature class it worked fine. We are in the slow process of migrating our data into Enterprise Geodatabases

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe you are hitting the limit of features allowed by default in a feature service so the feature service has decent performance?

0 Kudos
CameronLacelle
Occasional Contributor

My team and I have determined it's a combination of an issue with the web browser cache and sharing hosted feature layers from SQL layers. When we cleared the cache of the Google Chrome browser and exported the SQL layer as a shapefile or file geodatabase feature class it worked fine. We are in the slow process of migrating our data into Enterprise Geodatabases

0 Kudos