SOE - Failed to initialize server object 'xxx': ClassFactory cannot supply requested class

05-08-2015 11:48 AM
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor

Two days ago, I created a new SOE and loaded into ArcGIS Server 10.1.  When I started the mapservice w/ this soe extension checked, I received the error: Failed to initialize server object 'xxx': ClassFactory cannot supply requested class.  In this ArcGIS Server, I had another 2 soe files and both of them run well.

From http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/TklNMDg0MzUw, it could be due to the Bug NIM-084350 mentioned in this report.  This report mentioned that the bug would be gone in V10.2.

Followed the direction, I upgraded my ArcGIS Server to V10.2.2.  I also recovered another 2 soe's and both of them work fine.  Then I worked on the new .soe..  Unfortunately, the error is still there.  I tried multiple times.  Every time I tried to start the service, it not only pops out the error, but also crash / disable the mapservice.  So, I have to re-publish the mapservice.

Is there any class in my project that causes this failure?  I tested over and over again and believe that all of the classes used in the project are valid and also very common/basic ones since they all are used in another 2 soe's as mentioned above.

Unfortunately, there are few threads related to the bug reported here.  I wish I can get some good hints from this site.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor

I tried another way - Re-built the SOE project from scratch using ESRI's SOE templete.  Then, the 'ClassFactory' bug was gone.  Thanks to all of reviewers.

0 Kudos