Sign-In prompt when accessing Settings in Portal

Jump to solution
05-05-2020 02:44 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

i found some weird behavior in an installation of ArcGIS Portal. When trying to access the Settings in the Organization tab i get a login prompt even though I am already logged in. The prompt also shows a wrong URL that is missing the prefix (e.g. portal.westeurope.cloudapp.azure.com/portal).

If i just close the prompt, i can access the site and everything seems to work just fine. But whenever I refresh the page it shows up again. I can also not sign in, but I guess that´s because the domain is wrong.

I did check the WebContext URL as well as the WebAdaptor settings and everything seems to be correct. I also compared the settings with a portal that works fine and could not find any differences.

Anyone has any idea what that might be?

It´s the Portal Version 10.7.1 running in an Microsoft Azure VM with two webadaptors configured (portal and server).

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, I managed to solve the problem. I don`t exactly know what it was, but the was something wrong with the federation of the ArcGIS Server. After un-federating and federating again everything seems to work fine.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, I managed to solve the problem. I don`t exactly know what it was, but the was something wrong with the federation of the ArcGIS Server. After un-federating and federating again everything seems to work fine.

AllanAxon1
New Contributor III

Alexander, I'm getting the same dialog but for me it shows to login to the server domain, not the external site name I use in WebContextURL. I haven't tried unfederating because I have 3 ArcGIS Server sites federated with this portal

0 Kudos
SimonSchütte_ct
Occasional Contributor III

I observed a similar behaviour when IWA was configured for Portal, but the IIS Server Webadaptor was configured accidentally with anonymous access disabled and Authentication enabled.

Most recently I had the same prompt in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 without IWA. I still need to figure out how to resolve the issue. Unfederating is not a good solution.

skarri
by
New Contributor II

Hi Team,

After the installation in one of the environments, We found some strange behavior when accessing portal for ArcGIS- Organization>>Settings tab.

We get a prompt to sign in  “ https://<xxx>. <xxx>.com/portal” ( please see the screen shot below)

Two things observed:
1. Click OK and provide the credentials, everything seems to work fine
2. Just close the prompt or hit “Cancel” or X out of it, everything seems to work fine.

We are using version ArcGIS enterprise 11.1; its a multi machine deployment with web adaptors and a Load balancer. We have tried to add /edit in the URL  ( Solved: Web adaptor for portal - Esri Community) but still no luck.

I am little hesitant to do unfederate and federate; Did anyone resolve this issue without unfederating?

Important info: Checked the prompt URL( screenshot attached) - the server/host name in the URL  is webserver where all the web adaptors were installed.

Thanks
Sateesh

0 Kudos
SeanBrooks
New Contributor II

I am having the exact same issue. The message occurs the first time you access settings after login. I can click OK or Cancel and everything works as it should. If I click OK there is a blank dialog that tries to appear and immediately disappears. The portal login message mentions my independent dev portal. This message is happening on a new 10.9.1 portal single machine deployment with no content on a cloud VM.

I now have content loaded so the unfederating solution is not possible. Does anyone else have other ideas or solutions to this problem?

Do license files contain url information? could I have imported the wrong license into portal?

Sean,

0 Kudos