Sharing group from Enterprise to other organization and vice versa

Jump to solution
10-22-2019 03:03 AM
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

I have been able to invite members from other AGOL organizations to join a group within my own AGOL organization. But I don't seem to find a way to do the same between AGOL and Enterprise - neither inviting Enterprise users to an AGOL organization nor inviting AGOL users to the Enterprise group. Any leads or is it just not possible? All the sharing documentation I found so far seems only to cover AGOL-AGOL invites. 

I have seen the details on setting up a collaboration but I would just like to share content. Or is a collaboration the only way to do it?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello Nicole Ueberschär‌,

Unfortunately you won't be able to invite Enterprise users to ArcGIS Online groups and visa versa. Enterprise and ArcGIS Online have two separate identity stores and therefore different pools of users. Distributed collaborations are the main way to share content between Enterprise and ArcGIS Online.

It is also possible to add a service as an item to ArcGIS Online from Enterprise. Or to add ArcGIS Online services an an item to Portal. 

Portal for ArcGIS - Set up an ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online collaboration

Portal for ArcGIS - Add items

ArcGIS Online - Add items

If you have any additional questions please let me know.

Thanks!

Thomas.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello Nicole Ueberschär‌,

Unfortunately you won't be able to invite Enterprise users to ArcGIS Online groups and visa versa. Enterprise and ArcGIS Online have two separate identity stores and therefore different pools of users. Distributed collaborations are the main way to share content between Enterprise and ArcGIS Online.

It is also possible to add a service as an item to ArcGIS Online from Enterprise. Or to add ArcGIS Online services an an item to Portal. 

Portal for ArcGIS - Set up an ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online collaboration

Portal for ArcGIS - Add items

ArcGIS Online - Add items

If you have any additional questions please let me know.

Thanks!

Thomas.

Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Thomas!

0 Kudos