Share features with a group

12-04-2013 05:59 AM
BerendVeldkamp
Occasional Contributor II
Hi,

Is there a way to secure separate features in a feature service in such a way that only members of a certain group can see them? I know I can use ownership based access control, but then I can only choose between 'creator can see' and 'anyone can see'. At least as far as I know.

A typical workflow would be that a user makes some edits in a featurelayer, let's say a new highway through a residential area. Since this is sensitive information, the user wants to share it with a few others only. These groups are not defined in advance, the user should for instance specify a list of e-mail addresses of people he wants to share his data with. Think Google docs.
Also, the feature service may contain several scenario's all of which may be shared with different people. Security on the dataset itself is therefore not an option, I think.

Is there a way to do this, or does anyone have a smart 'out of the box' idea? Secret url's perhaps?

Thanks!
Tags (2)
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any follow-up to this? I'd like to be able to use some sort of 'group-based' access within AGOL.

0 Kudos