Server Manager - name/path of source mxd is gone in 10.1?

Jump to solution
01-15-2013 07:11 AM
UrsulaGlick
New Contributor
It seems like in 10.0 I could look under Service Properties in Server Manager and get the name and path for the source mxd that the service is referencing.  I can't find this information in the server manager for 10.1.  Am I missing it somewhere or is it gone?  Personally I found it pretty useful.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor
Good Afternoon,

Although the pathname is no longer stored in the Server Manager in a browser, it is possible to access the original document name through your administrative connection in Catalog.

If you published your Map Service from a saved MXD, you can right click on the service from within the catalog window, select service properties and navigate to the Parameters tab. There is a section called original document which will indicate the original document path if one was avaialble at the time of publishing.

Kelly

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TerryGiles
Occasional Contributor III
I was just loooking into this last week too.  As far as I can tell, you can only get to the path where server creates the msd when you publish the service, which is appears to be <directories folder>\arcgissystem\arcgisinput\<Service Name>.MapServer\extracted\v101\<Service Name>.msd.

We've decided to use a standard naming convention - the MXD should be named whatever the service is named & the MXD should be on a shared location where everyone can access it.  We're also looking at putting the path to the MXD in the Service's ItemInfo via the Admin API - e.g. http://<server>/arcgis/admin/services/<Service>.MapServer/iteminfo/edit

Would be nice if it was just stored for us as it was in 10.0 though...
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor
Good Afternoon,

Although the pathname is no longer stored in the Server Manager in a browser, it is possible to access the original document name through your administrative connection in Catalog.

If you published your Map Service from a saved MXD, you can right click on the service from within the catalog window, select service properties and navigate to the Parameters tab. There is a section called original document which will indicate the original document path if one was avaialble at the time of publishing.

Kelly
0 Kudos
TerryGiles
Occasional Contributor III
Kelly,

Thanks for the tip, that's good to know.  Do you kow if that property exposed through Pyhton or a ArcObjects Interface?

Thanks again, Terry
0 Kudos
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
In an SOE you can get this from IServerObjectHelper2:

var mapDocument = _serverObjectHelper.ServerObjectProperty.GetProperty("FilePath").ToString();
0 Kudos