See which database connection has been used in a map service?

Jump to solution
01-15-2015 04:15 AM
TuridBrox
Occasional Contributor

Hi hi,

Is it possible to see which database connection a map/feature service uses to acces data in an .sde database?

I can see it in the MXD that was used to create the service, but sometimes the MXD has been changed and not republished, so I always take that information with a grain of salt.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

In ArcCatalog or ArcMap's Catalog window, you can right click on a map service and select 'Service Workspaces...' which will bring up a dialog to all workspaces referenced in the mxdp.png

In Manager (may not be available in 10.1x), there is a database icon next to each service name, click on it to view all database referenced by the service.

p.png

hope this helps

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Venkata_RaoTammineni
Occasional Contributor

You can go Layer property and see the source in ArcMap. there you will find the datbase details etc.

0 Kudos
TuridBrox
Occasional Contributor

That's correct for an MXD, but I wanted to know if the same was possible for a service.

Thanks, though!

0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

In ArcCatalog or ArcMap's Catalog window, you can right click on a map service and select 'Service Workspaces...' which will bring up a dialog to all workspaces referenced in the mxdp.png

In Manager (may not be available in 10.1x), there is a database icon next to each service name, click on it to view all database referenced by the service.

p.png

hope this helps

TuridBrox
Occasional Contributor

Thanks a lot, that's exactly what I wanted to know!

I can't believe I haven't seen the Service Workspaces option earlier.

0 Kudos