Removing MapService name in portal map

03-09-2018 02:56 PM
JoshV
by
Occasional Contributor

in Portal for ArcGIS 10.5 under Map, I can obviously add layers from my content or the web etc. when I add a MapService that’s in my contents , I get a group layer titled after my ArcGIS server service that I can rename if I choose.  What if I want to remove that group title and Just have the sub layers in my Portal Map?? I really need this because otherwise I’m having to publish a service for every group I need in the Map.  Thanks 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChrisPedrezuela
Occasional Contributor III

You can try adding the sublayers individually using the "Add Layer" then enter the map service sublayer URL,

i.e. https://xxxxxxxxx/arcgis/rest/services/SomeData/MapServer/0 - '0' is the first layer from the "group" or the mxd's table of contents.

0 Kudos
JoshV
by
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply but this is worse than having to publish an MXD per group layer.  Honestly ESRI needs to come out with a solution for this because I've read in various threads that tons of users are having issues with this.  Being able to organize the entire TOC in Portal (regardless of how many services) is really mandatory for so many people.  I was able to do this in Geocortex so why can't Portal evolve?

0 Kudos
ChrisPedrezuela
Occasional Contributor III

Fair enough. Geocortex actually just creates another layer-like object that references the rest url of the sublayer. When you reorder the TOC on geocortex,your not reordering the map service contents directly but its own layer objects generated from the webmap.

0 Kudos