Select to view content in your preferred language

Related tables in 10.1

03-15-2013 10:32 AM
BillZborowski
Emerging Contributor
Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if I'm doing this wrong or what, but I can't get related tables to show up using the ArcGIS Rest API in 10.1.  I have a map document with a table of STATE attributes and a table of child attributes (1 state per many child table).  I go into the state TABLE in arcmap --> Joins & Relates --> Relate... to create the relationship.  In ArcMap, everything is perfectly okay.  However, when I publish to 10.1 Server it pretends no relationship actually exists.  What gives?

I want to be able to query related records through the REST API like this....but with two non-spatial tables.
http://sampleserver3.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/Petroleum/KSPetro/MapServer/2
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Is the related table in the same database as the feature class you are relating it to?  I ask because ArcGIS Server needs access to both locations in order for the mapservice to be published correctly.
0 Kudos
BillZborowski
Emerging Contributor
Is the related table in the same database as the feature class you are relating it to?  I ask because ArcGIS Server needs access to both locations in order for the mapservice to be published correctly.

Yes, they are.  I exported from SDE to a single FGB, which the server has access to.
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
When you go to the REST endpoint in a browser and click on the feature class link, you do not see any relationships defined between the feature class and table at the bottom of this page?
0 Kudos
TimothyMichael
Frequent Contributor
My understanding is the ability to query related data requires feature access to be enabled on the map service, which requires that the data be in an enterprise geodatabase (SDE).  Have you tested a map service referencing your data in SDE (not the exported FGDB)?  Here is an article from the .NET help:

http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisserver/10.0/help/arcgis_server_dotnet_help/index.html#//009300000021...
0 Kudos