Reinstall ArcGIS Portal SSL samlcert

08-05-2021 10:46 AM
CraigPatterson
New Contributor III

While troubleshooting an issue with the Portal's SSL certificates being invalid, I inadvertently deleted the out of the box SAMLCERT Self-Signed SSL Certificate found under Portal Admin -> Security -> SSLCertificates. I clicked on the SSL Certificate and clicked delete. 

I've been searching for documentation for information/instructions on how to regenerate that certificate without success. Does anyone know if there are any scripts or utilities that I can use to recreate this? I'm not sure if its causing any problems but would like to restore it to how it was possibly. 

Thanks,

Craig Patterson

Tags (3)
1 Reply
ChristopherPawlyszyn
Esri Contributor

The samlcert alias is a self-signed certificate used for signing SAML requests to an external identity provider. Since it's self-signed, you can just use the 'Generate' operation from the machine endpoint of the Portal Admin API. I've attached the reference documentation plus a screenshot of the appropriate settings (just replace <FQDN> with your machine's fully-qualified domain name), that should put things back in place!

ChristopherPawlyszyn_0-1628517472457.png

Generate a new certificate | Import a certificate into the portal | Portal for ArcGIS
https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/administer/windows/import-a-certificate-into-the-port...

-- Chris Pawlyszyn