Registering Raster data on GDB

Jump to solution
09-23-2017 07:01 PM
MohammadrezaNikfal1
Occasional Contributor

I am developing an web-GIS application that input data is changed on daily basis. For feature classes you can edit after "Registering data as versioned". I need to update few raster files (daily rain, temperature etc.) as well but I do not know how?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

You can query on OBJECTID. Just note that if the boundary will change you will have to restart service.

I put two very small images in the two corners of the needed boundary to "hold" it and then I have the same boundary all the time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi

The best way is to publish a Mosaic Dataset and then you can add and delete rasters in it as you like.

You need the image server license for this.

Have fun

0 Kudos
MohammadrezaNikfal1
Occasional Contributor

Thank you,

I made a Mosaic and published on my ArcGIS server. When I deleted the existing raster in the Mosaic, That worked and the raster was deleted when I checked through REST url. However when I add a new raster to the Mosaic, I did not get the raster on my ArcGIS server through published Mosaic. Note that my data store is registered with ArcGIS server.

0 Kudos
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

You should register the mosaic location in you server and not copied the mosaic into the data store.

If the boundary changed the service need to be restarted.

0 Kudos
MohammadrezaNikfal1
Occasional Contributor

Thank you, That works.

I referenced the mosaic with the first raster from the SQL server as data source and published it. Then added another raster to the mosaic and the change was applied to the REST service. I just wonder to know, how can I delete the first raster. It seems I need a SQL query but I could not find any query to delete the first raster.   

0 Kudos
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

You can query on OBJECTID. Just note that if the boundary will change you will have to restart service.

I put two very small images in the two corners of the needed boundary to "hold" it and then I have the same boundary all the time.

0 Kudos
MohammadrezaNikfal1
Occasional Contributor

Hopefully, I just work on an static study area. How can I get the First Images object ID(s) ?

0 Kudos
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

Open the attribute table of the footprint

0 Kudos
MohammadrezaNikfal1
Occasional Contributor

Got it, thanks

0 Kudos
MohammadrezaNikfal1
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

Regarding to our discussion, I have another question. I am working on a soil moisture predication webGIS for next 7 days. The input data (i.e. rain predication every 6 hours for next 7 day) is updated every 6 hours. In other words, I have to update several raster data sets four times a day. Do you have any recommendations for this issue. Thanks

0 Kudos