Registering Feature Classes not in the dbo schema

06-22-2017 04:53 AM
DavidGeorge
New Contributor

I have a SQL Server Database that I have enabled as an Enterprise Geodatabase 10.5

This enabled fine however it appears that I can only register tables/layers which are held in the dbo schema of the database. I have numerous other spatial tables which are held in other schemas which had been set-up prior to our upgrade to an Enterprise Geodatabase which it appears I cannot register with the Geodatabase as the option is greyed out when I right click on the layer in ArcCatalog 10.5.

I really don't want to transfer these tables to the dbo schema if I can avoid it. Can anyone advise how I can register these spatial tables with the Enterprise Geodatabase?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi David,

What database permissions does the user have that you are using to try and register the table?

0 Kudos
DavidGeorge
New Contributor

Hi Jake,

I am the db_owner and have full control of the SQL Database

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

You will need to connect as the data owner.  For example, I have a table owned by vector called XY in a GIS geodatabase:

GIS.VECTOR.XY

I will need to connect as the user 'vector' in order to register this table with the geodatabase.

DavidGeorge
New Contributor

Ok thanks. I would have thought connecting to the database as the database administrator through ArcCatalog would give me the power to register whatever layer I wanted to with Geodatabase regardless what schema the table/layer is in? This does seem a bit illogical to say the least! This means now I have to create users for all of the schemas I have in the database which seems allot of work in order to complete a simple task!

0 Kudos