Registering Enterprise Database

Jump to solution
05-28-2013 09:51 AM
TimothySaksa
New Contributor II
Hi All,

I have created a new enterprise database with new data to be published to ArcServer.  Every time I register the new database to the GIS server it goes through just fine.  Here is the issue, when I go to publish the new data I get the same error no matter if it is one feature class or multiple from this new database.  I have gone through and tried double clicking on the error and registering the database that way and re-analyzing the service and it gives the same error over and over again. 

Error info:  Severity (High)/Status (Unresolved)/Code (24011)/Description (Layer's data source is not registered with the server and data will be copied to the server)/Name (layer name )/...

I have registered the new database all the ways possible, the web manager, Server Properties on Catalog, and double clicking the error.  No matter what I do the same error comes up.

I am using SQL Server 2008 R2, ArcServer 10.1.  The other thing is I have other databases in this SQL instance that are shared via ArcServer that are registered and working properly.

Am I missing a step to get the new databases shared with ArcServer?????  I have even tried recreating the database via Toolbox and recreating it via SQL Server Management Studio, it comes back with the same error.  Also Both schema types dbo and sde, doesn't matter.

Thanks in advance.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimothySaksa
New Contributor II
All,

The issue was with the "Environment" on the connection string.  I had to make sure the connection name to the database had a space between the instance name and the port, (EX: "name, 1433") 

I tried to leave off the port number since it was the default port and it still gave me the error.  No clue why it was being particular on this one database but I tried with port without port, and it was the space.

Thanks for all the help but this worked.

Tim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Timothy,

... I have registered the new database all the ways possible, the web manager, Server Properties on Catalog, and double clicking the error.  No matter what I do the same error comes up.

Just to confirm, you've registered the geodatabase as a data store for your ArcGIS for Server site following these steps:

About registering your data with the server

After the data store was added, did you validate it? And when you run the "Analyze" operation on your map before you publish it, you still get the error, is that correct?

... The other thing is I have other databases in this SQL instance that are shared via ArcServer that are registered and working properly.

But you've been able to register other geodatabases in the same SQL Server instance as data stores to your ArcGIS for Server site successfully, is that right?

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos
TimothySaksa
New Contributor II
Derek,

I have done all of the steps that you mentioned.  The data store comes up with a "Check" when I validate all.

And yes i have other data stores that are working correctly from the same SQL Server Instance just under different databases.

Any thoughts???

Thanks.
0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Timothy,

Is there something special/unusual about the geodatabase name? Perhaps the name contains an odd character? Is the database name longer than 31 characters? (Which I believe is the character limit.) What happens when you try to create and register a new geodatabase with a different name? Does it work?

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos
TimothySaksa
New Contributor II
All,

The issue was with the "Environment" on the connection string.  I had to make sure the connection name to the database had a space between the instance name and the port, (EX: "name, 1433") 

I tried to leave off the port number since it was the default port and it still gave me the error.  No clue why it was being particular on this one database but I tried with port without port, and it was the space.

Thanks for all the help but this worked.

Tim
0 Kudos
Jorge_LuisLeon
New Contributor II

Thanks man!

It is a really strange behaviour. It´s still present in ArcGIS 10.3, so please ESRI read this and correct!, this problem was driving me crazy

0 Kudos