Register Database to Arcgis Server 10.5 does not complete

Jump to solution
12-21-2016 12:48 PM
Mauricio_Arroqui
New Contributor II

I'm traying to register a database to ArcGIS server 10.5 but i couldn't complete the operaration

I create a geodatabase (Microsoft SQL Server Standard Edition (64-bit)) with arcmap 10.3. Using the sde file aim I try to import to Arcgis but nothing happens.

Screen shot

It stays like the image for hours. Somebody can help me? 

Thanks.

Mauricio 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

A couple suggestions.  First, there have been a few posts about SDE 10.5 relating to the permissions possibly being changed (reduced) and needing to be reset.

https://community.esri.com/thread/187578-sde-upgrade-to-105-error-96 

Second, what browser are you using for your Manager session.  Try a different one if you can.  There were issues in 10.5 prerelease and changing the browser worked for me.  I would have to look up which I used, but give that a try.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

A couple suggestions.  First, there have been a few posts about SDE 10.5 relating to the permissions possibly being changed (reduced) and needing to be reset.

https://community.esri.com/thread/187578-sde-upgrade-to-105-error-96 

Second, what browser are you using for your Manager session.  Try a different one if you can.  There were issues in 10.5 prerelease and changing the browser worked for me.  I would have to look up which I used, but give that a try.

Mauricio_Arroqui
New Contributor II

Thank you Rebecca. I was using Google Chrome, with Microsoft Edge I could complete the task. 

Regards. 

0 Kudos
C_EHoward
Occasional Contributor III

It does not seem to be limited to 10.5- I am using Server 10.4 and there is an issue with using Chrome as my Server Manager browser. It also seems to be something new as I had not had problems until recently....or maybe I was just lucky before. At any rate, thanks for the browser switch suggestion!

AlessandroValra
Occasional Contributor III

Same problem with Chrome and AGS 10.3.1.

Changing the browser to IE solved the issue, thanks!

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

In addition to the problem with registering databases with AGS in Chrome, the Logs->Statistics page checkboxes do not work in Chrome.  When checking Statistics for my AGS environment I always use IE.

0 Kudos
DavidWheelock2
Occasional Contributor II

Chrome FAILED

Edge FAILED

Internet Explorer WORKED

0 Kudos
MikeDervin
New Contributor

I just had this same issue and found this post. I could not get any browser including IE to work. I contacted support and they recommended registering the database connection in ArcMap instead. It worked like a charm. Create an admin connection to the ArcGIS server, connect to the server, right-click and select Server Properties. Click on the Data Store tab and register the database connection.

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Mike:

If you now go into Server Manager, does this new registered database now appear there?

0 Kudos
MikeDervin
New Contributor

Michael - Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, the new registered database does now show in Server Manager.

0 Kudos