record count (oracle <-> arcmap)

04-17-2013 01:38 AM
chrisnig
New Contributor
hi there,

i think this might be a simple question for you guys. today we've noticed that the number of records (for one feature class) in our
ArcMap is not equal to the number of records in our oracle DB. Am i missing something? We are using versioning with ArcSDE 9.3.1 and Oracle 11g. For example:

records in feature-class in arcmap : 500
records of the table in oracle: 450

could this be an versioning, reconcile or post error (everything hast been reconciled and posted well)? got no problems with the number of records so far. this problem occures in just one scheme.

kind regards,
chris
0 Kudos
2 Replies
chrisnig
New Contributor
we've found out, that the missing records are in the add-table. but this isn't reasonable. we're posting regularly.
strange...
0 Kudos
ThavitinaiduGulivindala
Occasional Contributor
Once the reconcile and post operation of child versions are successful to SDE.Default, delete all the child versions and compress the SDE Geodatabase. Prefer to compress using command prompt. If the compress operation is successful, you will end up having equal number of records in ArcMap and oracle base table. You can re-create child version if required after the compress.

hi there,

i think this might be a simple question for you guys. today we've noticed that the number of records (for one feature class) in our
ArcMap is not equal to the number of records in our oracle DB. Am i missing something? We are using versioning with ArcSDE 9.3.1 and Oracle 11g. For example:

records in feature-class in arcmap : 500
records of the table in oracle: 450

could this be an versioning, reconcile or post error (everything hast been reconciled and posted well)? got no problems with the number of records so far. this problem occures in just one scheme.

kind regards,
chris
0 Kudos