"Total number of coded domain values in this service exceeds the MaxDomainCodeCount and will not be included in MapServerInfo"

Jump to solution
05-18-2016 03:56 PM
BenVan_Kesteren1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I am just perusing my ArcGIS Server Manager Logs and I noticed a reoccurring log and I am unable to find much info on what it is telling me, nor how to fix this problem.

Has anyone got any insight on what this is saying, and how do I stop this error from reoccurring dozens of times a day??

Thanks

Error:

Total number of coded domain values in this service exceeds the MaxDomainCodeCount and will not be included in MapServerInfo

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

There are some old 10.0 geonet threads Max Domain Code Count

but I think this help is what will get you to override the value:

Setting map service properties—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop   in the advanced part....

MaxDomainCodeCount - An integer representing the maximum number of domain codes that can be returned from all fields, subtypes, layers, and tables in a map service. The default value is 25,000.

In a large multiuser map service, such as an online enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, the number of domain codes returned by the MaxDomainCodeCount property may exceed the default value. If this occurs, the service continues to run normally, but MapServer drops all domains to maintain server performance. Additionally, an error documenting the event is recorded in the server logs. If you require MapServer to return a greater number of domain codes in the map service than the default value, specify the desired default value. Note that the performance of the map service may be affected when MapServer is required to return more than 25,000 domain codes.

and if you are on 10.4    http://server.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/publish-services/windows/setting-map-service-properties.ht...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

There are some old 10.0 geonet threads Max Domain Code Count

but I think this help is what will get you to override the value:

Setting map service properties—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop   in the advanced part....

MaxDomainCodeCount - An integer representing the maximum number of domain codes that can be returned from all fields, subtypes, layers, and tables in a map service. The default value is 25,000.

In a large multiuser map service, such as an online enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, the number of domain codes returned by the MaxDomainCodeCount property may exceed the default value. If this occurs, the service continues to run normally, but MapServer drops all domains to maintain server performance. Additionally, an error documenting the event is recorded in the server logs. If you require MapServer to return a greater number of domain codes in the map service than the default value, specify the desired default value. Note that the performance of the map service may be affected when MapServer is required to return more than 25,000 domain codes.

and if you are on 10.4    http://server.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/publish-services/windows/setting-map-service-properties.ht...

BenVan_Kesteren1
Occasional Contributor III

perfect thanks!

Great info on that site you linked for me. I now have a greater understanding as to what is happening!

Cheers

0 Kudos