Publishing multiple service definitions without publishing duplicate geodatabase

04-24-2013 06:14 AM
MehrshadNourani
New Contributor III
I am trying to publish several mxds as service definitions that use the same geodatabase (ArcGIS 10.1). Is there a way to publish these mxds without having to publish the same geodatabase multiple times? I appreciate any help on this issue.
Mehrshad
US Census Bureau
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
Can you explain what you mean by publish the same geodatabase?  Are you copying data to the server?  If so, you'll want to register the folder that stores the geodatabases as data stores, so that the geodatabase will stay where it is and ArcGIS Server will be able to access it.
0 Kudos
MehrshadNourani
New Contributor III
Jonathan,

I am trying to publish 30 map documents, which use the same file geodatabase. I have registered (and validated) with the server (10.1) my local file directory that contains my file geodatabase. But, every time I try to publish another map document (from the 30 map documents), I get the warning that the data source is not registered with the server! And, when I right-click (in Analyze window) to see if the data source is registered, it shows as registered, and validated. What am I not doing that I should be?! I followed ArcGIS 10.1 Help. I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Mehrshad
0 Kudos