Publishing Geoprocessing Service with In Memory workspace

Jump to solution
06-05-2015 10:58 AM
BrendanDwyer
Occasional Contributor

I'm using ArcMap and ArcServer 10.2.1

I'm trying to publish a tool to ArcGIS server (federated to a Portal).  The script uses the in_memory workspace to store temporary data, and when you Analyze the service when publishing, it returns a warning that it has to upload the in_memory workspace to the server because it's not registered with the server (we have a couple of geodatabases and folders registered with the server already).  I ignore the warning and publish the service and get an error when it tried to stage the service.  The error is "ERROR 001270: Consolidating the data failed."

From the documentation, the error normally has something to do with the paths to the data.  I think this error is bubbling up because the data doesn't exist anymore.

Shouldn't Arc "know" not to upload the in_memory workspace?  At the end of the script I clean them up and delete all the datasets in the in_memory workspace.  I'd appreciate any advice.

-Brendan

0 Kudos
11 Replies
NiekGoorman1
Occasional Contributor

I'm running into this issue myself, and I suspect that many others will as well. It still seems to be a problem even in 10.7 - shouldn't this have been fixed? It really shouldn't be needed to add extra lines just to fool ArcMap into accepting the in_memory workspace. This is a bug and should have been treated as such.

0 Kudos
PaulDavidson1
Occasional Contributor III

Perhaps this solution will work for you:

publishing a geoprocessing service that references in_memory data to AGS 10.1  fails

Although the thread implies that the issue should be fixed in 10.2.1 or was fixed in 10.1 SP1 so one would assume it would carry forward.

It looks to me like the work around is about fooling the publishing tool to not see in_memory