Publishing a Raster Catalog to ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1

07-05-2018 02:10 AM
DavidBrooks6
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have a client who is planning to migrate from ArcGIS Server 10.2.1 to Enterprise 10.6.1. They currently cache their basemapping as usual, but serve some dynamic imagery as Map Services from Raster Catalogs (all in ArcMap). 

I understand that ArcGIS Pro no longer supports Raster Catalogs, and ESRI are encouraging users to ditch them in favour of Mosaic Datasets. But, until my clients are in a position to add the Image Server to their architecture, they will be unable to migrate to Mosaics.

My question is, (and the documentation online is very sketchy on the topic), will it be possible on a 10.6.1 server, to publish a raster catalog as a Map Service, and access this on Portal? I understand it is not possible to publish as an Image Service.

Also, will this be achievable under different enterprise conditions, Registered, Federated, Hosted?

Will catalog image services successfully publish to a hosted datastore?

If just a registered setup, can they publish map services from catalogs direct to the server, in the same way they did at 10.2.1, and then access on their Portal?

Cheers, David

0 Kudos
2 Replies
FlorianSteiner
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have the same question. Anything new on this topic?

Thanks, Florian

0 Kudos
DavidBrooks6
New Contributor II

Hi Florian,

In the absence of any discussion on this topic, I built a Dev architecture of 10.6.1 on vms and tested this. I can confirm that raster catalogs can be published to a 10.6.1 enterprise as a Map Service, but obviously not as an image service. 

Therefore, you will be able to continue hosting catalogs and cache from them, so long as arcmap continues.

Hope that helps. David

0 Kudos