Publish a feature service with more then one version

Jump to solution
02-09-2016 06:30 AM
RandallClark2
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Geonet,

When i go to publish a feature service that has more then one version of my database, version A and Version B, and run analyze i get the following

00062: Data frame contains data that does not use the same connection to an enterprise geodatabase

However once i switch to one version, everything is fine.

So my assumption here is that, trying to publish a feature service that has more then one version in it is not supported.

Is this correct?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthewBaber
Esri Contributor

It would appear the answer to this is no.

I looked up your code on the help page and found this: 00062: Data frame contains data that does not use the same connection to an enterprise geodatabase—D...

In the notes section I discovered the following:

For example, say you have an enterprise geodatabase named DB1 that has two versions: default and v1. You only register the connection to DB1 using the default version. If you attempt to publish a map containing layers or stand-alone tables pointing to the v1 version, and you have not registered this connection to DB1, you will encounter this analyzer. This would also occur if you have different connections to the geodatabase using different user names.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MatthewBaber
Esri Contributor

It would appear the answer to this is no.

I looked up your code on the help page and found this: 00062: Data frame contains data that does not use the same connection to an enterprise geodatabase—D...

In the notes section I discovered the following:

For example, say you have an enterprise geodatabase named DB1 that has two versions: default and v1. You only register the connection to DB1 using the default version. If you attempt to publish a map containing layers or stand-alone tables pointing to the v1 version, and you have not registered this connection to DB1, you will encounter this analyzer. This would also occur if you have different connections to the geodatabase using different user names.

MatthewBaber
Esri Contributor

Solution:

For feature services being published to ArcGIS for Server

1. 1. Copy or move all the datasets you want to make available in the service into one of the enterprise geodatabases or enterprise databases registered on the ArcGIS server.Learn more about copying datasets from other geodatabasesLearn more about copying and pasting data between databases
  2. 2. Once you have all your data in a single enterprise geodatabase or enterprise database, set the data source for the layers so that they all point to this geodatabase or database using the same database connection.Learn more about setting data sources
RandallClark2
Occasional Contributor II

HI Matt,

Thanks for confirming and bearing with me. Im still new to this aspect of GIS

And thanks for the link to the help, i saw that  when i first got this warning, but it didnt make sense to me, since both data sets are in the same database (which is registered) and i was using the same connector properties but because they are different version i guess that counts as different connections.

sigh...

This is all just really a work around for the fact that

A) server can not handle "unique values, many fields"

B) Collector offline cant handle "multiple layers referencing a dataset..."

C) And the lack of ease to use custom symbols in AGOL*

*ofc i could just not the use the symbols i want but...why would i do that?

Thanks again

0 Kudos