Problem starting PublishingTools Service

Jump to solution
01-11-2018 01:18 AM
Syed_AzamGhouri
New Contributor III

I am using ArcGIS server 10.2.2. The following message appeared when starting PublishingTools service and it is persistent. Is there a fix for this. Please help. Thanks

Service failed to start

System.PublishingTools.GPServer: 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Service containing process crashed for 'System/PublishingTools.GPServer'.Please see if an error report was generated in 'C:\arcgisserver\logs\SWPRUPFS.MMAA.GOV.QA\errorreports'. To send an error report to Esri, compose an e-mail to ArcGISErrorReport@esri.com and attach the error report file.

40 Replies
Syed_AzamGhouri
New Contributor III

Thanks

0 Kudos
HillaryBjorstrom
Occasional Contributor

Do you have a patch for 10.2

0 Kudos
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

Please upgrade to 10.2.1 or 10.2.2 (or upgrade to a higher supported version of ArcGIS Enterprise), and apply the applicable existing patches for those versions. There are more important security fixes to be gained in an upgrade to a newer version (at least 10.2.1 or 10.2.2) than the issue resolved in this patch. There are other security patches that may be applied at 10.2.2.

0 Kudos
Pei-SanTsai
New Contributor III

Do you have patch for 10.1?  I'm having issue with GP services (Publishing Tools, Serach_Indexer & Search)  that I can't restart them.  I'm getting "Service's containing process has crashed" error message. 

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

A related issue Error: Services containing process crashed. ServiceName.GPServer instance has crashed 

And Link to ArcGIS Server patches Esri Support 10.1 

Think Location
0 Kudos
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

As noted by below, 10.1 is long since retired. 10.2.x will be retired in December, and 10.3.x will also be in mature support at that time. Users at versions 10.3.x and below are strongly recommended to upgrade and apply the appropriate patch.

0 Kudos
Pei-SanTsai
New Contributor III

Is there any ways that I could resolve the issue for 10.1?  I still need to have 10.1 version working currently until I'm ready to switch the new production.

0 Kudos
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

This issue affects Windows 2008, Windows 2008 R2, and Windows 7. It does not affect other operating systems. You can upgrade ArcGIS Server, upgrade the OS, or (not recommended) remove Microsoft Windows update KB4056894 or the combination of KB4056568 and KB4056897.

0 Kudos
ZacharyStauber1
New Contributor III

Yes, that was it for me.  On my test server, which is Windows Server 2008r2, I uninstalled patch kb4056894 and was able to start the publishing service again and publish a test service.  Thanks for your help, folks.  I'll rollback from production server and wait for a fix from Esri on ArcGIS Server 10.4.1.

Syed_AzamGhouri
New Contributor III

I got this patch kb4056894 uninstalled but no luck. I am using ArcGIS Server 10.2.2 on Windows Server 2008r2. Are there any additional things to do? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos