PROBLEM during installation.

08-25-2012 05:30 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: satrazami

Good afternoon,

I`ll like to ask for some help to install the trial version of ArcGIS 10.1.
I already uninstall the last version, and i used your tool ArcGIS 10.1 Uninstall Utility. Right now, if i try again to use this tool, i receive the next message "No previous versions found. Proceed with ArcGIS 10.1 installation." (check file attached ArcGIS 10.1 Uninstall Utility.jpg). After check my Computer, i can see that everything is done. I already don`t have the ArcGIS version 10 in my Computer.

The problem is, when i try to install the new version (ArcGIS 10.1), i receive the next message "One or more ArcGIS version 10.0.2414 product(s) exist on your machine. You must uninstall them before installing ArcGIS 10.1 for Dektop." (check file attached Installer Information.jpg). In this moment i can`t install the new ArcGIS version because the Setup analyse that one old ArcGIS version is in my computer, and this is a incorrect information.

How to proceed?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: 118287SITE01

Charis

Have you tried searching through the registry (regedit) for any ArcGIS files left behind. I have found that sometimes even when uninstalling ARC it leaves alot of stuff behind either in the registry or folders on the C:\ drive. It doesn't show up as a previous version when you run the unistall utility because its not "all there" but there is enough to stop you from installing the new version.

Hope this helps
0 Kudos
PeterBuwembo
Esri Contributor
Here are your options:
1- Contact Esri support  services and have an analyst help you clean the reminants of Desktop 10.0 off your system.
2- You can reinstall ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 and then uninstall it through the control panel(Programs and Features)

3- If that is too much then look into this registry key for Esri folders.

NOTE:
****** Approach with caution as editing the registry can render you system un usable  ******

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ESRI (If the system is 64-bit)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESRI (32-bit)

Option 1 is the best if I were you

Good luck!
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: bubbahey25

I would go with a clean, manual uninstall.  If cautious just rename the keys Pete said and  then rename (or delete)  all ESRI/ArcGIS
folders at: C:\Program Files\ESRI
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ESRI and C:\Program Files\ArcGIS

(paths may vary depending on your OS)

Reboot the computer and try again.

Control Panel, Uninstall is not always that clean, even the Uninstaller utility from ESRI leaves remants.
0 Kudos
deleted-user-F4cUDEZyawYe
New Contributor II
Had the same problem.  Deleting registry keys did the trick.  All it took was deleting one ESRI directory.
0 Kudos