Problem configuring Portal Web Adaptor in DMZ 10.5.1

12-26-2018 04:13 PM
PhilBeilin1
Occasional Contributor

We are having trouble configuring Portal web adaptor in our DMZ (reverse proxy server).  After installing the 10.5.1 software, the configuration page for the web adaptor won't load.  Our portal web adaptor seems to be redirected.  Not sure where to look why this is occurring, (probably in IIS) nor if there are any ESRI logs to check to see what is happening.  Is there any additional documentation or experiences with this issue?

Thoughts?

thank you

Configuration Error

Server Error in '/portal' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'targetFramework'. Note that attribute names are case-sensitive.

Source Error:

Line 200:            <add path="*" verb="*" type="ESRI.ArcGIS.WebAdaptor.AGSHandler, ESRI.ArcGIS.WebAdaptor, Version=10.5.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fc3cc631e44ad86" /> Line 201:        </httpHandlers>Line 202:        <compilation debug="false" targetFramework="4.5">Line 203:            <assemblies> Line 204:                <add assembly="System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089" />

Source File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\portal\web.config    Line: 202

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.5483; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.5483

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

Do you have .Net 4.5 or later installed where the web adaptor is running?

0 Kudos
PhilBeilin1
Occasional Contributor

Thank you.  Yes, I have .Net 4.5.1, on the DMZ server, that I have installed Portal web adaptor.

0 Kudos
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

Do you have a second web adaptor installed there to use with ArcGIS Server (for comparison) in the DMZ along with Portal?

or are you passing through DMZ to on-premise portal, ports/firewall/ssl certs,etc.

0 Kudos
PhilBeilin1
Occasional Contributor

Yes, we have a second web adaptor on our ArcGIS server (separate domain server).   That webadaptor called ArcGIS is reached from the outside successfully through our dmz.   I've looked at it with ESRI tech support and nothing seems different, except the redirecting behavior of the portal web configuration page when I try to open it up in the DMZ.  It seems to be getting redirected to somewhere.  I'm checking log files to see why this is occurring and how to correct.  

0 Kudos