Printing with secure wmts layer using Export Web Map

Jump to solution
08-13-2021 07:26 AM
DaveAdams
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am using the print widget to export the current map but get different results if I use the ArcGIS Online utility service compared to my own ArcGIS Server instance (I have tried both 10.6 and 10.7.1). The map contains a secured wmts. If I use https://utility.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Utilities/PrintingTools/GPServer/Export%20Web%... then the job executes sucessfully. When I swop the endpoint to my own ArcGIS Server print service the job fails. I can see from the logs:

Error executing tool. Export Web Map Task : Failed to create layer from service at https://xxxxxxxxxxx/xxx/xx/wmts. Failed to execute (Export Web Map). Failed to execute (Export Web Map Task)

I can see the request Web_Map_as_JSON={"operationalLayers":[{"type":"wmts","customLayerParameters":null,"customParameters":{"key":"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"} ....etc  includes the key but wonder why the arcgis online utility seems successful in using it whilst ArcGIS Server seems to fail to access the layer.

Do I need to upgrade Server to 10.9 or do I need to look at other options such as a custom print task?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Since it works with agol print service, I'd say please upgrade to 10.9.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Since it works with agol print service, I'd say please upgrade to 10.9.

0 Kudos
DaveAdams
New Contributor III

Many thanks Tanu, I will try that and post the outcome.

At the moment though I am blocked as I have upgraded a Server to 10.9 but the print service fails to start (all the rest are fine) - I have tried repair installation etc. I may need to start a new post for that issue.

Service failed to start

Utilities.PrintingTools.GPServer: java.rmi.UnmarshalException: Error unmarshaling return header; nested exception is: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

DaveAdams
New Contributor III

After doing a clean re-install I have now tested the webmap json which contains the wmts and custom key parameter against 10.9 and it worked fine. There must have been some changes vs older ArcGIS Server printing services.

Many thanks