Ports used to publish map services to ArcGIS Server

02-08-2013 06:10 AM
AndrewBrown1
Occasional Contributor II
I'm trying to find out which ports ArcGIS Desktop uses to publish map services to an instance of ArcGIS Server. I need to cross multiple networks to access a forward-facing server, and I need to open up the ports to allow communication between the server and I. Does anybody know?

Thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
AndrewBrown1
Yes, we use secure services with SSL enabled.  I'm connecting using the Primary Site Admin account, so I know it has permission to publish.  But I will double check to make sure the ArcGIS Server services account has write permission to all the necessary folders.

I think you are on the right track about "allowed admin access by IP" located here:

https://servername:6443/arcgis/admin/security/config/update

I've seen another forum where this was the fix to publishing problems.  We don't have fixed IPs on our PCs, but I will investigate what can be done.

I connect via the "GIS Administrator" account, which was set up upon installation. Same one we use on the ArcGIS Server Manager login page.

Also, if your "allowed admin access by IP" field is populated, try removing any IPs listed temporarily. I would assume an empty field would "allow all" which would be useful if you have dynamic IPs. Worth attempting.
0 Kudos
StephanieSnider
Occasional Contributor III
I tried connecting with the ArcGIS Server services account as well as the Primary Site Admin account. Neither worked.  I tried adding my IP address (even though it is temporary) to the Allows Admin IPs, but that didn't work either.  I still get an error saying "Error executing tool.: ERROR 001359: Failed to connect to the server. Failed to execute (Publish Service Definition)."

I will start a ticket with ESRI.
0 Kudos
AndrewBrown1
What about the map that you're trying to publish... are you certain that you're able to publish it? Have you tried to create a service definition file and create the service via the manager webpage?

I found out that ArcGIS Server does not support personal geodatabases. I'm assuming file gdb still work.

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#/Making_your_data_accessible_to_ArcGIS_Serv...

Data registered?

Good luck.

Andrew
0 Kudos
StephanieSnider
Occasional Contributor III
yes, I've tried to create a service def file and create the map service through Manager.  Same error messages.  I'm connecting to a SQL Server database which is registered with ArcGIS Server - and the connection is validated.  I've also tried copying the data to the server, same error messages.
0 Kudos
AndrewBrown1
yes, I've tried to create a service def file and create the map service through Manager.  Same error messages.  I'm connecting to a SQL Server database which is registered with ArcGIS Server - and the connection is validated.  I've also tried copying the data to the server, same error messages.

I'm all out of ideas. I hope ESRI's support is able to help solve your issue.

Best of luck.
0 Kudos