Portal to Portal collaboration in Enterprise invitation file fails

12-04-2019 11:56 AM
KristinaWhite
New Contributor II

When accepting an invitation, for a Portal to Portal collaboration in Enterprise, I get the following response, "The chosen file does not appear to be a valid invitation. Please choose a valid invitation file." Any thoughts on why I am unable to accept the invitation?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello Kristina White‌,

I know this was posted a while back but I wanted to offer a few suggestions just in case. I recommend reviewing the collaboration invitation file. Particularly the 'guestPortalURL' and 'hostPortalURL' parameters. You can also validate the invitation file from the Portal Sharing REST Endpoint.

Portal Sharing REST Endpoint > Home > Portals > Self > Collaborations > Validate Invitation 

Example URL: https://hostname.domain.com/webadaptor/sharing/rest/portals/<portalID>/collaborations 

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Thomas.

PatrickMcKinney1
Occasional Contributor III

I ran this operation, and it gave me a return message that the invitation had expired.

0 Kudos
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello Patrick McKinney‌,

If you received a response that the invitation has expired I would recommend re-issuing the invitation in ArcGIS Online.

Thanks,

Thomas.

0 Kudos
NielsGerrits
New Contributor II

To help others: We also had an issue which turned out to be the firewall blocking the .invite extension. Renaming the file to .json solved our issue.

0 Kudos