Portal for ArcGIS upgrade from 10.6.1 to 10.7 failed

04-25-2019 02:57 AM
NicolasGIS
Occasional Contributor III

I faced an error while upgrading from Portal for ArcGIS 10.6.1 to Portal for ArcGIS 10.7.

The following error occurred during the upgrade:

Digging into the log in C:\arcgisportal\logs\FQDN\portal, I noticed the following error:

<Msg time="2019-04-25T10:19:54,94" type="INFO" code="209081" source="Portal Admin" process="3436" thread="1" methodName="" machine="FQDN" user="" elapsed="" requestID="">Postgres DB upgrade response

could not open version file: C:\arcgisportal\db/PG_VERSION

Failure, exiting

.</Msg>

As you can noticed, there is a mix of backslash and forwardslash as the file does exist in C:\arcgisportal\db\PG_VERSION but of course C:\arcgisportal\db/PG_VERSION is not a correct path.

Operating System details: Windows Server 2016 Standard

Any idea ?

Thanks

21 Replies
LorenzMeyer1
Occasional Contributor

In our case it was in fact a missmatch of the regional settings from the source portal machine to the destination portal machine. After changing all the regional settings and formats to the same settings as on the source system, I could import the old *.webgissite (webgisdr backup file) into the new portal and then upgrade the portal from 10.6.1 to 10.7.1 without getting any postgressql error. Luckily our machines are cloud based and I had for every migration step a snapshot of the disks, so in case of errors I could revert back and try again.

BarbaraS
Occasional Contributor