Portal for ArcGIS Installation error "Installer No longer responding"

06-21-2019 02:33 AM
VinodBorkar1
New Contributor

Trying to install Portal for ArcGIS 10.5.1 on Windows Server 2012, but getting  the error "Installer No longer responding" 

So please suggest above issue.

Attached error .

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

If you click "Retry", what happens? I've seen this as well but "Retry" should allow it to continue.

BugPie
by
Occasional Contributor III

FWIW - At 10.6.1 and upgrading to 10.8.1 I was presented with this message as well.  I was able to click "Retry" and it kept on going. The entire portal.exe upgrade process took almost 3 hours. 

0 Kudos
VinodBorkar1
New Contributor

After click on retry also not completing installation process. and giving same error.

0 Kudos
VítorAntão
New Contributor II

this is happenig the same with me. Im trying to install Portal for ArcGIS 10.7.1, and during the install it gives me an error "Installer No longer responding". Anyone knows the solution for this ? thanks?

0 Kudos
KernRanjitsingh2
New Contributor

Has this been resolved?

0 Kudos
KernRanjitsingh2
New Contributor

Update. I just hit the "Retry" button and it chugged along. Took a while, but it progressed. I would recommend however, that a VM snapshot is done on that machine before the installation ever begins in case the registry or otherwise becomes corrupted for some reason or another. Then try a fresh install again. 

Kind regards,