Popup Not Showing Values Portal

01-30-2020 07:00 PM
Tolo__AdamTolo
Occasional Contributor

Anybody else experiencing the issue that my features values don't show up in the popup but they are in the attribute table?

My data is stored in a postgres db and have published the data as feature and map image.

I have tested using the standard popups and even tried configuring custom popups but have the same issue.

Experienced this issues in Enterprise 10.6.1 & 10.7.1.

I feel like if this was a common occurrence there would be a lot more noise about it as it severely impacts what users can see in their browsers and in the field with Collector.

I was wondering if anybody had any ideas that could help?

The image below shows the populated (I blurred out the data) values in Pro before publishing them

Values displaying correctly in Pro before publishing

The image below shows the feature service with most of the values (blurred out) showing except parcelID

The image below shows the image service with basically all values missing

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AndrewWhitman1
Esri Contributor

Greetings Tolo, 

I do not have an answer right out of the gate, but I do have some questions. 

Are you using Arcade to calculate attribute values? Have these values been edited in Pro post publishing? What version of Postgres are you using here? Are there domain values or subtypes applied here? Do we see this same behavior in all feature services originating from this Postgres database? If we used a file geodatabase just as a test, do we see the same behavior? 

I am hoping that we can narrow down whether this is data specific, database specific, or a systemic issue. 

-Andrew

0 Kudos
Tolo__AdamTolo
Occasional Contributor

Hey Andrew,

Are you using Arcade to calculate attribute values?

Arcade is only used for the [Address] field

Have these values been edited in Pro post publishing?

Service is non editable

What version of Postgres are you using here?

Are there domain values or subtypes applied here?

None

Do we see this same behavior in all feature services originating from this Postgres database? If we used a file geodatabase just as a test, do we see the same behavior? 

Tested a file geodatabase and it worked correctly

This does look like a database issue?

0 Kudos
AndrewWhitman1
Esri Contributor

Greetings Tolo, 

I have seen Arcade expressions cause incorrect values to display, but I do not think that is what you are seeing here. Perhaps there is conflict with the Postgres database here. Portal for ArcGIS also uses Postgres, so I wonder if there is a database conflict. 

Is the database on the same machine as Portal for ArcGIS? 

-Andrew 

0 Kudos
Tolo__AdamTolo
Occasional Contributor

Yes I have also seen that with arcade expressions.

Sorry the only postgres database we are using is the Portal for ArcGIS db setup by ESRI Australia.

0 Kudos
Tolo__AdamTolo
Occasional Contributor

To anybody else who may come across this issue.

Have figured out that if you add the Image Service by going to "Add" -->  "Search For Layers", the pop ups do not work correctly. Even after removing and readding the popups.

Instead if you grab the REST URL and add the Image Service by going "Add" --> "Add Layer From Web", the pop ups will work correctly. The only downside is that the user needs to "Enable Popup" and then configure the popup for each WebMap when adding the REST URL.

Tolo__AdamTolo
Occasional Contributor

Have been working with ESRI Australia tech support and apparently this is a bug: BUG-000116500

This bug has existed since 2018 so I am suprised that it is still an issue.

CarlSunderman
Occasional Contributor

I'm experiencing this issue with sql server

0 Kudos