Orphan ArcGIS 10.7.1 Services in Portal

10-23-2020 08:55 AM
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

I have ArcGIS Server (AGS) 10.7.1 federated with Portal.  I was overwriting an existing mapservice in ArcMap 10.7.1 which threw some errors and failed.  I believe the errors started because my SDE connections in the mxd being published were locked.  I unlocked the SDE account but I was still getting errors when publishing.  I rebooted the AGS machine and I was then able to overwrite the service,  but now even though AGS Manager only showed 1 mapservice, I had 3 services in Portal (2 services with the same name with different modified dates and 1 service with a date/time stamp on the name).

Has anyone ever encountered this phenomenon of orphan services in Portal (besides when unfederating and refederating an AGS server)?

Were you able to restore the environment so no new orphan services were being generated during the service overwrite process?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

When you go to portaladmin/system/indexer does your index come back with matches?

If the numbers are off, I would suggest trying to reindex the Portal to see if it resolves the issue you are seeing. 

0 Kudos
NoahKrach
Esri Contributor

Hello,

When you go to portaladmin/system/indexer does your index come back with matches?

If the numbers are off, I would suggest trying to reindex the Portal to see if it resolves the issue you are seeing. 

0 Kudos