Operations Dashboard is not opening.

Jump to solution
06-28-2019 12:59 PM
AntonioCano
Esri Contributor

Our team has recently begun testing with ArcGIS Enterprise and have configured a base deployment of ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7 using a cloud server. In our testing and validation, noted that Operations Dashboard does not want to open. We have tried various methods to start Operations Dashboard through Portal. To give you an idea of what we are encountering, we had created a web map using a feature service hosted from Survey123. After choosing to share as an Operations Dashboard and inputting the title, tags, and summary, a blank page opens with no options (screenshot attached). We have not been able to find any documentation on this. This is also true for Sites (these are the only 2 in the App Launcher). Any assistance in helping us to understand this issue would be really appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hussam_AlJabri
Occasional Contributor III

Update:

The issue came again and after checking the /portaladmin I found that the portal name was coming as (Server Machine name) in the javascript. I added a setting in the Portal called WebContextURL and that resolved it.

Configure your portal to use a reverse proxy server—Portal for ArcGIS | Documentation for ArcGIS Ent... 

View solution in original post

24 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Antonio,

> We have tried various methods to start Operations Dashboard through Portal. ... a blank page opens with no options 

We haven't seen this behavior with Operations Dashboard in Portal for ArcGIS 10.7 before.

> This is also true for Sites ...

By "Sites", I believe you mean 'Enterprise Sites', correct? This sounds like there might be an issue with your ArcGIS Enterprise deployment/installation. I would verify that your Enterprise Base deployment is installed and configured correctly.

Hope this helps,

AntonioCano
Esri Contributor

Hi Derek,

It could have something to do with the deployment installation. However we are not sure what it may be. We installed with the Builder and this presented quite abit of challenges that we needed to go back and fix. We've managed to get our configurations working as best as we can tell, except for the internal certificates. We've been able to also get Collector for ArcGIS Survey123, ArcGIS Earth and ArcGIS Maps for Office working as expected.

With regards to the Operations Dahsboard we are abit of a loss, as we aren't getting any errors just the behavior is not as expected.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Antonio,

> It could have something to do with the deployment installation. However we are not sure what it may be. We installed with the Builder and this presented quite abit of challenges that we needed to go back and fix.

I'd suggest you contact esri Tech Support and check if your deployment is working/configured correctly. What did you do with respect to the bolded text above?

Are the configurable app templates and embedded Web AppBuilder in Portal for ArcGIS working correctly? Ops Dashboard is just another web app option.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
AntonioCano
Esri Contributor

Hi Derek,

Thanks for the feedback. We had proceeded to upgrade to 10.7.1. Internally the apps are working now, but externally they fail to load when launched. We are making some adjustments tand reconnecting our web adaptor and hosting server, and will see if those changes solve the issue.

-Antonio

0 Kudos
GarethBaker1

We've just upgraded from Enterprise 10.6 (where Ops Dashboard was a separate installer) to 10.7.1 and are experiencing the same problem. Can't open or edit any dashboards when accessing our Portal via our web adaptor and externally visible domain name - goes to the URL but just a blank screen, same in IE and Chrome. If I go directly to the server then I can at least get a dashboard to open, the elements load but they don't seem to be able to access the source data.  We have got an issue with our ADFS access post upgrade at the moment which we working on resolving so fingers crossed that may also sort out the dashboard access. Will post an update when we know more.

0 Kudos
GarethBaker1

Weirdly seems to have now sorted itself out and dashboards seem to open up just fine. Perhaps some sort of browser cache issue?

0 Kudos
MarkusSchenardi
Occasional Contributor

I had a similar behaviour with a dashboard containing a layer that was not part of a webmap. It could be that the solution was to create a webMap and create the dashboard based on it.

But these is not 100% approved.

Markus Schenardi
Laixo AG - Zürich - Switzerland
Member of the Esri Partner Network
0 Kudos
AndresCastillo
MVP Regular Contributor

When I try to launch the default deployment of Operations Dashboard that comes with Enterprise Portal for ArcGIS 10.5.1, I get:

I am searching 'Operations Dashboard', as per these instructions:

Distribute Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS (Windows) through Portal for ArcGIS—Portal for ArcGIS (10... 

I do arrive at the item details page for item id=bb415d713a6640838c58e4ab9a0db95a

When, I click 'Get Application', I get redirected to https://www.arcgis.com/opsdashboard/OperationsDashboard.application , which is the page not found error shown above.

Derek Law

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Andres,

> When I try to launch the default deployment of Operations Dashboard that comes with Enterprise Portal for ArcGIS 10.5.1

FYI, the web browser based Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS is not available for pre-Portal for ArcGIS 10.6 releases. It's only available for 10.6 and later releases.

> I am searching 'Operations Dashboard', as per these instructions:

Distribute Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS (Windows) through Portal for ArcGIS—Portal for ArcGIS (10...

The Windows desktop release of Operations Dashboard was retired on Jan 1st, 2019. Sorry. Please see this blog,

Operations Dashboard v10.3.4 is Retiring! 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos