Open Transactions in Oracle

03-31-2015 08:16 AM
MukeshA
New Contributor II

Hello,

We have a feature service published on ArcGIS Server, with offline mode enabled (sync operation) which is edited using mobile device (android). After some time of continuous editing we observed that the syncing is not happening, after 5-6 times of syncing next syncing is not happening. After restarting the services the syncing is working, again for 2-3 times.Checked the arcgis server logs found that there is an error saying "Error: Failure to access the DBMS server [ORA-01012: not logged on Process ID: 3596 Session ID: 340 Serial number: 33 ] "

When checked in Oracle DB we found that there are many open transactions for the ArcSDE user. The transactions opened while applying editing is not been closed. I understand that these transactions should be closed automatically if the edits are successful.

Please let me know how these transactions will auto closed. Is there any settings with ArcGIS Server or Database?

ArcGIS Server 10.2.2

Oracle 11.2.0.1

ArcSDE 10.2.2

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TobiasFimpel1
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Mukesh,

I'm seeing the same issue and wondering whether you have found any new information since you posted this question earlier this year. (ArcGIS Server 10.3.0, Oracle 11g, Geodatabase 10.3, offline editing via ArcGIS Collector 10.3)

Thank you,

Tobias

0 Kudos
MukeshA
New Contributor II

Hi Tobias,

Unfortunately I did not get any solution on this, but I tried a workaround. Created a trigger in Oracle which will check for open transactions which are more than 2 hours idle & kill them.

Thanks,

Mukesh.

0 Kudos
GeorgeKatsambas
Occasional Contributor III

I am getting the same issue, besides killing the open transactions is there another way to stop this recurring all the time?

0 Kudos