New Map Viewer for ArcGIS Enterprise 1081

Jump to solution
04-22-2021 07:32 PM
tigerwoulds
Occasional Contributor III

I've seen this blog that documents downloading the Map Viewer Beta for ArcGIS Enterprise. 

New update to Map Viewer Beta in ArcGIS Enterprise (esri.com)

Will there be a production release available in 1081 or do we need to upgrade to 1091? Are maps created in the new map viewer compatible with Web AppBuilder?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

I am only aware of Map View Beta being allowed for Enterprise 10.8.1, but after the release of 10.9 there may be a way to get the more current version for 10.8.1.  I recommend keeping an eye out for an email update about that.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Todd_Metzler

Yes, Map Viewer Beta is available for deployment to Enterprise 10.8.1.  The installer should be in your My Esri account depending on your support model with Esri.

We have deployed Map Viewer Beta to our Enterprise 10.8.1 environments.  Took about 20 minutes per Enterprise stack on our extra large Windows OS physical servers.  Working as advertised so far.

One enhancement I'd like to see is the ability to set the default map Viewer in Enterprise just like you can now do in AGOL.  I posted an idea about this in the AGOL ideas forum 2021-04-22.

Your question about web app builder is a good one.  I don't know and have the same question.  My publishers have yet to create an app from a map created in Map Viewer Beta.

Todd

0 Kudos
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Map Viewer Beta will work with Web App builder, but some functionality of the map viewer won't be supported in the web apps; namely layer blending.  This is related to the JavaScript version differences.

In future releases of ArcGIS Enterprise Map Viewer Beta will be to be set as the default, like in ArcGIS Online, but ArcGIS Online updates more frequently then Enterprise so updates appear there first.

tigerwoulds

Thanks! Is the new Map Viewer production release available to use with Enterprise 1081 or only Map Viewer Beta?

0 Kudos
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

I am only aware of Map View Beta being allowed for Enterprise 10.8.1, but after the release of 10.9 there may be a way to get the more current version for 10.8.1.  I recommend keeping an eye out for an email update about that.

DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

I discovered that the 'Near Me' widget in WAB 2.17 DE does not work when the map is saved in Map Viewer Beta 4 (or 5). It just won't return results, whether using the buffer or intersecting polygon option

ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Map Viewer Beta doesn't currently support any type of analysis tools, and is primarily for displaying data (at this time).  If you need to use widgets like "Near Me", I recommend sticking with Map Viewer (Classic) to keep that functionality in your web apps.

0 Kudos