Need to Turn Off the Query Ability at the Service Layer Level

09-14-2018 11:36 AM
DaveGrolling1
New Contributor III

I have a service with three layers that I publish to our Enterprise 10.6.1, from ArcMap 10.6.1. I know that when I publish the service from my MXD, I can check/uncheck the box in the Mapping Capabilities window:

But this will turn it off for all layers, correct? I would like to turn it off for one layer and leave it on for the other two in the service. Am I able to do that, either at the MXD level or at the Portal Manager/ArcGIS Server Administrator Directory level?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
StevenRamirez
Esri Contributor

Hi Dave, 

If you need to control accessibility over a layer's individual dataset in an ArcGIS Server mapping service with multiple layers. You are correct that disabling query on the capabilities configuration wizard will do so for all layers.  Depending on how your enterprise is configured, working hosted feature layers may offer you more custom accessibility in Portal for ArcGIS. For example, Portal hosted feature layer views should give you the ability to control what groups have accessibility to your layers.  For more information on hosted feature layer views, please see our documentation here: Create hosted feature layer views—Portal for ArcGIS | ArcGIS Enterprise 

0 Kudos