My organization is switching domains fom .com to .gov. Am I able to easily update my external Enterprise Server deployment (and internal Portal)

03-11-2021 08:54 AM
EricKriener
Occasional Contributor

We are switching from .com to .gov for all of our domain names. We have many services on an external facing AGServer site and also publish to AGOL.

Is there a mechanism to update the urls that the server site uses?

What about the deployment/server configuration?

Further, we have an internal AGPortal (federated) that uses two different servers.

What's the process to update the urls and server configs for that?

Thanks for any/all insight.

**EDIT: by 'easy' I'm more referring to editing the configs that are in place, as opposed to starting over with 5 servers from scratch...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Todd_Metzler
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I see "easily" in your subject.  The easy button way without scripting or using the REST API to do a global URL change from .com to .gov is use GeoJobe Admin Tools (Pro) for ArcGIS Online and Portal. https://www.esri.com/en-us/arcgis-marketplace/listing/products/4b9205d08a42413085a17ca91b97e3c7

There are other ways too.  I'll stop at easy for now.

Todd 

0 Kudos
EricKriener
Occasional Contributor

well, obvi, preferably easy...and probably free.

what else ya got? I'm all ears.

0 Kudos
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

The domain name is hardcoded into the files for published services (map services and hosted feature layers), and there's not an easy way to go about adjusting them.  I would reach out to Tech support or your account manager to talk about paths forward.